20 July 2007

retreat//week10

Well God sure does have a sense of humor. Loving on all my precious children has given me, for the first time in my life, the lovely childhood disease, chicken pox. And it came at a time when I really needed to take a break from the craziness of ministry. However, God knows only he could stop me. And he did.

And what a time of spiritual retreat it has been. I spent time dwelling on the word of the Lord. And listening to his whisperings. Many intimate conversations were had. And I returning to ministry feeling replenished. Our God is the ultimate healer.

I cannot believe week 10 is coming to an end. I get teary eyed every time I think about leaving this place. It truly has become home. It is my prayer that God prepares my heart to leave or opens up an opportunity to stay. Because at this point, I am not ready to leave.

And since my week was spent on bed rest to avoid any serious complications to the chicken pox, there is not much more to report. But I thank you all for the prayers. My recovery was quick and complications-free. So praise God!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

what? no pictures of the pox?