29 November 2007

adventure//zambiapreview

Well things are starting to wind down here in Paarl and I’m about to end this adventure with yet another adventure.

Tomorrow morning I will be headed off with 23 other South Africans and Americans on a cross-countries road trip. Over the course of the next 4 days, we’ll drive across the South African karoo into Botswana, past Victoria Falls and into Lusaka, Zambia. We’ll camp along the way and then in the yard of the American missionaries we are visiting in Lusaka.

Once in Lusaka we will put on a holiday club for 350+ children at a school for orphans. In the afternoons we’re hoping to visit the children’s villages and build relationships within those communities. We’re all very excited to minister in a new culture and see how God has been moving in Zambia.

This trip is particularly significant for me because this will be my first time to a new place in Africa. As many of you know, my heart is not only for South Africa but the continent as a whole. I am anxious to see other parts of this wonderful place. And it’ll be my prayer that God will open my eyes to what he intends to share with me during this time in Zambia.

After I return from Zambia on the 9th, I will be in Paarl to say goodbye for just a few days and then will be arriving at LAX Dec 14th at 7:35pm. It’s all gone by too quickly but I am so ready to be home with all my dear friends and family. You’ve been missed!

With such a big adventure on my doorstep, I covet your prayers. Thank you for your faithful encouragement and support over the past 7 months. It’s been a blessing to know I have a whole team at home praying for me.

Here’s what you can be praying for:
o Safety: We will be driving in a caravan of 4 trucks & 4x4s and will be camping out in the “wild” at times. Be praying for smooth running vehicles and protection from hungry animals- seriously!
o Health: We will be in a malaria & yellow fever zone. Enough said.
o Opportunities: Our purpose in going is to minister to these children through our relationships. Be praying that God will provide the opportunities to build into these children’s lives.
o Guidance: As I shared, this is a big trip for me personally because it’s yet another step in exploring the calling God has placed in my heart.

No comments: